Frequently Asked Questions
Can I perform a wedding out of the USA?
Last Updated 8 years ago
The Open Ministry is recognized in the United States. If you wish to perform a wedding outside of the United States we recommend the following:
- You can always have a quick ceremony in the states and have a Ceremony for Show in another country
- Get married twice, once in the country and once when you get back stateside (You might be able to use the US marriage license outside of the states)
- If the bride or groom is previously married, make sure to have proper paperwork, some countries require proof of divorce
- Make sure that you have enough time to file for a marriage license, different countries will have time restrictions
- Seek the advice of a wedding planner, resort concierge for further assistance.
- You may wish to request a Custom Marriage Certificate to give to the couple after the ceremony