Frequently Asked Question

What do I need to perform a wedding?
Last Updated 5 months ago

Most states will require that you register with the county clerk or the local agency that records marriages in the county before you can perform or solemnize a ceremony.

Since every county has different requirements for the minister registration, many states will require that you have your Ordination Credential and Letter of Good Standing as proof of your ordination with our ministry.

In most cases these will suffice for registration needs. There are a few states that require specialized Letters of Good Standing for ministerial registration; these states include: Hawaii, New York, West Virginia, and Nevada.

If you plan to perform a wedding in Douglas, Elko, Washoe or other Nevada county, you may be required to present the Affidavit of Authority to Solemnize Marriages

Clark County (Las Vegas) requires that you to complete their online application prior to performing any ceremony.

Please visit our State Marriage & Wedding Laws for more information on these states.

Please Wait!

Please wait... it will take a second!